Sunday, April 8, 2012

366 Photo Project - Photo 37: Twinsies Blankies

Some of you may recall me mentioning that I have a friend who had twin girls not too long ago. I went to visit her back in March so I made a couple flannel blankets for the girls, Rachel & Rebecca. I had chosen out the yellow fabric a long time ago because toads have a special meaning to her family and I thought it was absolutely perfect! I bought matching boy and girl flannel to pair with it. I'm really loving how these flannels turn out. They are imperfect and I love that about them. They are double layered and extra big so even the girls can even use them when they are toddlers. I had made the labels according to these instructions, but my friend Penny just informed me that the ink does wash out. Boooo. I knew it was too good to be true but I was hoping oh so bad that it would work. I love personalizing the blankets. I will have to look into some permanent fabric inks for future labels. 

No comments: