Sunday, January 15, 2012

365 Photo Project - Photo 5

I have wanted a pair of these coveted slippers for a long time. I first saw them at Sabrina Butterfly Designs on 112 Ave in Highlands. They didn't have the color that I wanted back then and I never thought much about going to look for them. On Friday I ventured into Birth Source for the first time and found that they carried these Padraig slippers! They did have the color I wanted but the leather sole had a weird kink that I didn't like. The owner told me that the leather would eventually mold to my foot but I didn't want to risk it. I settled for a brown pair instead. What makes these Padraig slippers so awesome? They are all handmade in North Vancouver, B.C. with hand spun raw wool and the inside is lined with sheepskin. When I wear them, it feels like I'm rubbing my feet into Khuno's undercoat. It's very luxurious!

No comments: