Wednesday, June 1, 2011

24 More Invites!

You read that right folks! After hours of slaving away at the bloody invites, I have 24 more left to make. It's been a very long road. I had a nice stretch of days off and have been working on invites every day. All that work leads to something else... Sugar cravings! Jamie has been so strict on his diet and he's seeing a huge payoff. His last update was almost 20 lbs!! How amazing is that?! He's also craving refined sugars so what'd we do this evening instead of working on the 24 invites? Baked! I was craving brownies with a glass of milk and he decided to make carrot cake. We made 2 versions of carrot cake. One was flour free (can you guess who made that one?) and it consisted of ground flax seed and protein powder. The other one just had whole wheat flour with less sugar and oil. 
What's all that white stuff you ask? Nope, it ain't dandruff. It's salt. I love brownies sprinkled with some salt and unfortunately we are out of the coarse sea salt so that's why it looks like white powder instead of those pretty little salt crystals. I originally started off eating half a piece. I ate that with some vanilla ice cream. Then I ate the other half with a glass of milk. By the time I finished that last half, I still had half my milk left so I decided to cut another half. It definitely hit the spot and now I feel like I'm 20 weeks preggo.

No comments: