Monday, March 7, 2011

Mmm Brownies!

Today my girlfriends got together to throw Marilyn a surprise engagement party and surprise her we did! It was also a potluck so I decided to whip up a batch of brownies. I ended up sleeping in today till 2 PM. That's correct folks, PM. As in 2 in the afternoon! It's sickening how much I can sleep. I could've snoozed a bit longer but realized that 2 PM is just sad. So after showering and eating... lunch? I whipped up the brownies and literally threw them in the oven. 
I just used the recipe off of the Baker's Chocolate box. Super easy and fast to whip up. I think I can even rattle off the recipe off the top of my head... Lets try! 


Baker's Chocolate One Bowl Brownies
- 4 squares of unsweetened chocolate
- 3/4 cup of butter
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1 cup of flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp of vanilla


Directions: 
1. Chop up the chocolate and put into a medium sized microwaveable bowl with the butter. Heat in the microwave until melted. 
2. Add sugar, eggs and vanilla. 
3. Add flour
4. Bake in a 9x13 greased (or parchment lined) pan at 350 F for 30-35 minutes. Do not over bake!!! It only took about 27 minutes for me. 


I think that's it. I tried halving the recipe before and it's not as tasty. When I pulled it out of the oven, I finished it off with a sprinkling of salt. 

No comments: