Sunday, February 27, 2011

Southern Supper!

On Wednesday I decided to cook supper before Jamie made it back from Khuno's walk. I didn't manage to finish it by myself and ended up recruiting Jamie to help me chop veggies. I was craving something hearty and tomato-ee so I decided to make chili! 
There's no recipe I followed but I will list off what's in that big ol' pot! 
- ground turkey and ground beef
- 1 whole head of garlic!
- 2 med onions, diced
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 5 stalks of celery, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 can of tomato paste
- 1 large can of plum tomatoes
- chili powder
- cumin, oregano, red chili flakes, 3 bay leaves, onion powder, paprika, salt
- salsa mix (from Epicure)
- Worcestershire sauce
- 1 can of white kidney beans
- 1 can of black beans 
- chicken stock
- Beef bouillon (I know it's weird that I used chicken and beef...)
I also decided to make cornbread because Amber at work had made some and when I was looking at chili online, cornbread seemed to be the main side that accompanied it. I used this recipe found on allrecipes. I didn't fry it in a pan so I was able to omit all the oil and I just baked it in an 8x8 pan lined with parchment. Baked it for almost 20 minutes and it was delish! 



No comments: